+64 27 523 8090
Why Visa Express?
Immigration Advice for International Students
Where can I get this professional Advice?
The only other persons/institutions allowed to give professional immigration advice include Immigration New Zealand, Lawyers, Citizens Advice Bureau and Community Law Centre. No other persons apart from the above mentioned should give immigration advice.
The level of guidance offered and the costs vary between these persons and institutions, so it would be good to compare. Licensed advisers must possess and portray a standard code of conduct, as specified in the law. The four most important values are:
• They must carry themselves professionally and be respectful to the interested immigrants
• They must enter into a contract with you, specifying all the services they will provide you and at what cost.
• They must consistently communicate with you and regularly update you on any changes or developments.
• They must not over charge you for the services they offer.
How much do Advisors charge?
The type of license that an immigration advisor holds will determine the extent of services they can offer you. Immigration New Zealand offers three types of licenses
• A full license enables the adviser to give you guidance on virtually all immigration matters.
• A provisional license equally allows the expert to advise you on all immigration matters but only under the supervision of a full license holder.
• A limited license holder provides advice only on some specific immigration issues. What if I used unlicensed advisors? This comes with its own risks that you should avoid at all costs. The lure of cheap advisory services should not convince you to use such. Three major risks associated with such advisors include: – Immigration New Zealand will return your visa application because it does not accept applications from those acting against the law.
• Due to the lack of immigration skills, your application will have a high probability of decline.
Mr. Arvind Pednekar is a Licensed Immigration Advisor (License Number 201400231) and an Enrolled Barrister and Solicitor at the High Court in New Zealand with over 7 years of immigration experience.
Indicators of Unlicensed Advisors
What services do licensed advisors offer?
Getting into the institutions
It would be good to note that most international students are not beneficiaries of government funded health care. You will be required to settle any medical bills you incur while in the country. One mandatory thing is the medical and travel insurance cover. The institution must have all these details so that they are able to act accordingly in the event of a predicament. Medical screening for Tuberculosis is also mandatory for New Zealand immigrants. This is especially for those planning to stay for more than six months.